Digital platform of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung
Hardly launched, the metaportal of the Friedrich Ebert Foundation designed by +Pluswerk promptly landed on the shortlist of the TYPO3 Award 2015. The foundation's digital platform was completely rebuilt responsively and barrier-free, and the content was consistently restructured. Thanks to comprehensive faceting, all content, whether pages, content elements or structured content such as news or events, was keyworded.
- Connection to Oracle databases
- Migration of more than 10 theme portals into one instance
- Event calendar incl. management
- Provision of instances for foreign offices
About the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung e.V.
The Friedrich Ebert Foundation is the oldest political foundation in Germany and one of the largest in Europe. It is named after Friedrich Ebert, the first democratically elected president of the German Reich. As a party-affiliated foundation, it operates on a non-profit basis with the aim of promoting pluralistic social dialogue on the political challenges of the present day.
Around 560 employees work toward this goal at its headquarters in Bonn and Berlin, in 13 state and regional offices throughout Germany, and in more than 100 foreign representatives.
Concept & Design
Modern design versus complex content? No contradiction. The new metaportal of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung fulfills the demand for optimal topic preparation thanks to extensive faceting of all content elements. The challenge of implementing the design concept responsively was optimally solved using Scrum; the individual design elements were implemented step by step and thus made directly testable. Barrier-free accessibility was also kept in mind at all times in order to enable navigation and the comprehension of content for all visitors.
Solution and technical implementation
- Low-barrier navigation and content
- Flexible and robust framework into which all FES content can be migrated in the future
- High flexibility for editors and individual page design through multi-column grid elements
- Additional navigation enables the integration of further subsections
- Delivery of configured foreign instances
- Media management
- Topic calendar and congress planner
- Connection of the digital library with 2 million titles from Oracle
- Connection of the event data incl. faceting from Oracle
- Topic configurator with which existing content elements can be co-figured into new landing pages via keywords